Doctoral student / research assistant / PhD position on privacy-preserving Virtual/Augmented Reality through eye movements
The Chair for Human-Computer Interaction at the University of Tübingen, headed by Prof. Dr. Enkelejda Kasneci, invites applications for a PhD position (TVL E13) on privacy-preserving Virtual/Augmented Reality through eye movements, funded by the DFG. The position is limited to three years with a possible extension.
- Excellent Master’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related disciplines (e.g., mathematics, physics, cognitive sciences)
- Good programming skills in at least one of the following programming languages, e.g., Matlab, Python, C/C++, Java
- Interest in interdisciplinary research
- Interest/knowledge in privacy, extended reality
- Independent and committed workstyle
- Fluency in scientific English
Good to haves:
- Background in security & privacy (e.g., differential privacy, secure-multiparty computations, cryptography), virtual/augmented reality, human-computer interaction, machine learning, eye tracking
- Hands-on experience with game-engines (e.g., Unity3D, Unreal Engine), ML frameworks (e.g., PyTorch, Tensorflow, Keras etc.)
We offer a flexible and interdisciplinary work environment in a motivated team that collaborates with well-known international institutes with possibilities of research visits, summer schools, and conference attendance. The University of Tübingen strives for the implementation of equal opportunities and all qualified applications will be considered regardless of gender, color, origin, disability, sexual orientation etc. Please send your application as a single PDF file including a motivation letter, curriculum vitae, transcripts, certificates, and list of academic references (if any) to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application deadline is March 5th, 2022.